Monday, March 21, 2011

10 weeks out...more cardio, new food program and my swimsuits on order!

As of Saturday, I am 10 weeks out from my competition in May. From 19 weeks to 10 weeks, it’s hard to believe I will soon be in single digits. Travelling over the past little while for work had been a good challenge. Learning to get really good at prepping my food in advance and travelling with a packed cooler and eating out on the road was great practice. I’m not perfect yet, I am still learning to find that balance and how to eat and train on the road. Now that I am back in Vancouver, I can buckle down and learn the balance of working and training. I love my job and I am so lucky to be working for a great company and that is my priority and my training is what I would consider a hobby. I love training and eating clean and I’ve really enjoyed all the people I’ve met so far.
Training on the road was a lot better this time because my trainer had a cardio plan and weights plan that I took with me on the road. I’ve gotten to test out several gyms over the last month during my travels through Saskatchewan and Alberta, but now that I am back in BC. It’s training time. Early morning cardio sessions before work and weights with my trainer in addition to working is going to be a great new challenge for me!
10 weeks doesn’t really seem like that much time but for the last 9 weeks I have been eating tonnes to try and get my metabolism up and it is the weirdest moment when it kicks in. It happened last Thursday when I was in Calgary and I woke up hungry. I proceeded to eat my 6 meals but was still hungry. It was my metabolism saying, hello! Feed me. I had also only been doing 3, 20 minute cardio interval sessions a week. Now that I am 10 weeks out my meal plan has changed and so has my cardio. I am now doing 5, 40-45 minute cardio sessions a week. Oh boy! I’ll be up early to get these done so that I can work during the day and train in the evening. I will be prepping my food on Friday’s and or Sunday’s. Keeping cooked chicken and salmon on hand in addition to flats of hard boiled eggs is a chore in itself but making it fun is the important part.
Another exciting bit of news is that I have ordered my swimsuits! I met this amazing girl name Tanya and she is going to be designing my WBFF suit for May and the one for my Oxygen Model Search in Toronto this June.
My family, friends and co-workers have been very supportive of me during this time and that makes this whole process a lot easier. My coach, who I now refer to as my friend is amazing. These kind of experiences really bring people together. Over the past few months she has not only been a great mentor but she has become a great friend!
On Saturday we spent the whole day training. The day started with an early morning hot yoga session and ended at Steve Nash for some arms and cardio. We treated out selves to our cheat meal at the Keg that night and it was the perfect way to end a great day of fun! She definitely kicked my butt on the Stairmaster. I was doing side steps, knee tucks and glute kicks. Oh and I forgot to mention sprints! My arms are still sore....needless to say David and I will be doing a leg work out tomorrow to give my arms a bit more rest. Sunday I did cardio on my own and spent the rest of the day prepping my protein and did a little grocery shopping for the week.
Another friendship that has been really good is my friend Shannon who is also training for a competition in Calgary in June. She and I will be jet setting to Toronto together to compete in the Toronto Pro Super Show. The cool thing is I will actually get to see Natalie (coach/friend/mentor) compete as well!
I feel really good right now, but with my cardio increasing it will be interesting to see how that affects my energy levels. It will be important to eat well, rest lots and find balance with that and work. That’s all for now! Time for lunch J
Eat. Train. Sleep. Repeat!
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment