Sunday, August 14, 2011

It feels like the first day of school...

I have weird butteries in my stomach about tomorrow. It seriously feels like the first day of school. Tomorrow I’m meeting Leigh and Dean, my new trainers, for the first time. They are going to be my trainers for my upcoming competitions in November. I’d say 50% are excited nerves and 50% are nervous nerves. I don’t know why I’m so nervous but a part of me feels that I’ve put on a little too much weight and they’ll see me as too much work. It sounds even worst writing my thoughts sometimes because it makes me sounds like I have less confidence in myself but the truth of the matter is, I’m not perfect and I have doubts but I know once I meet them and have a plan, I’ll be find. I’m not perfect and I think it’s natural that I’m a little nervous. I still can’t believe what I’ve accomplished this year. Getting on stage, training as hard as I did and eating clean took a lot so at least I know that anything’s possible.
This is my second season this year and I will be competing in the Sandra Wickham Fall Classic here in New Westminster and Fitness Universe in Las Vegas. I’ll be honest with you, I was supposed to maintain a weight of 130 but I’ve gone a little above that. Even though I’m not starting at point A like I was in January, I am starting at a new point A as I have maintained quite a bit of the muscle I developed.  I have twelve weeks to get my butt into gear and I know myself well enough to know that when I put my mind to something I am very determined to work as hard as I need to in order to reach my goal. It’s GO TIME baby!
Since January, I’ve learned a few things about myself as an aspiring fitness model. The most important thing for me because I’m a little type A is that I need to have a solid game plan or I feel lost and when that happens I get very discouraged and can easy get thrown off course. It is also very important to be committed to your goal because if you aren’t, you’ll never get there. Bruce Jenner spoke at one of my sales conferences in LA with Skechers back in January, a week before I was about to start my training for the WBFF competition and he talked about the importance of asking yourself and being honest with yourself if you are committed to achieving the goal you have set out for yourself.  He said you have to ask yourself, do you want to do this, do you have the time to do this, are your prepared to make sacrifices and challenge yourself to obtain whatever it is that you desire. It was probably one of the most inspiring speeches I have ever seen and I have it on DVD and watch it when I need a little inspiration.
So am I determined and committed and ready for the next set of competitions. Heck ya! Tomorrow is a big day so I plan on going to bed early so I can get ready and be 100% prepared. It’s also nice to be home. I got home yesterday and I got to hang out with my family tonight and watch a movie and have a home cooked meal. It was such a great night especially after spending my whole day in a first aid class. Everything happens for a reason though and some things have definitely started to fall into place so I’m going to stay positive and keep rolling with the punches because we have to take things one day at a time.
I hope everyone had a great weekend! Yours in health and fitness,
Nic xox

No comments:

Post a Comment