Thursday, June 7, 2012

Make yourself accountable.

Working towards a goal can be nothing less than challenging but there are always ways to combat this. Now that I have started to get back into a routine I decided that it was time to really focus on my goals and build another vision board. I haven't had one since I completed last and I realize that even though I'm not competing I still have a vision and expectation of where I would like to be. The best part of my new vision board is that I am motivation for myself.  I went through some of my pictures from when I did my first photo shoot with Pink Elephant and it brought back so many positive thoughts and feelings and I am getting them printed to add to my board. Once I've finished my board I'll post it. If you have a goal you are working towards make sure you write it down and tell a few people. This makes you accountable for what YOU want to achieve. This picture is one of mine from last year going on my vision board. It makes me feel a sense of accomplishment and a sense of pride and reminds me of all the hard work it took to get my body to that point.

On my board, I'm also big on motivation quotes and my iPod is stocked with both fist pumping AND the occasional slow song for when I get into a real groove. Find all the little tricks and make them work for you. If you have trouble committing to the morning alarm clock, give yourself a reason to get up and don't accept all the excuses on why you "should" go back to sleep. One morning when I was getting back into my morning cardio routine I got up and got dressed and undressed 4 times before I finally went to the gym. I wasted 30 minutes going back and forth when I could have just gone! Once I get there, I feel 100% better about being there and 100% better throughout the day. I've also started to get up and throw on the kettle and make instant coffee while I am getting ready to go to the gym and have a few ounces of caffeine in the car. Having coffee is almost like a treat and I look forward to having that hot cup of Joe while I'm en route to the "gyme".
When it comes time to get up, I can totally relate to making excuses such as, I'm too tired. I will go later. I worked out hard yesterday so I can take a rest day. I have a long day at work today. I'm feeling a little under the weather. These are all excuses and really lame ones if I ask myself but I have said them. The only thing that is different now is that I feel HORRIBLE not going to the gym. I have really found a balance with going to the gym. It is time that I take for myself and I can let everything on my mind go. The reason I believe I have become successful at this is because I know what I am doing and ALWAYS have a plan written down before I leave to go to the gym. I find that so many people get discouraged with going to the gym because they have no clue what to do and this leads to frustration, more excuses and giving up.
Now that I am starting to get into a routine of eating cleaner and working out, I am getting stronger and more determined and gaining will power. The most frustrating thing about all of this is that I've been putting in the effort and I know the muscle is there but my body takes time to respond and "wake up." I have to accept that I know my body though and it takes 2 to 2 and a half months of eating well and working out before I will see results. But I am committed and that is what will get me though because.....

....when you have a goal! If you have a goal that you are working towards whether it be fitness or career wise. Tell everyone. The guy on the bus. The grocery store clerk. Your hairdresser. Make yourself accountable and do want you want to do for yourself. I remember how proud and how proud I still am that I accomplished what I did over the last two years and how good I felt on the inside which is the reason that really keeps me going.
I'm off to work on my vision board! I'll make sure to post pictures once I'm done! If you have any vision boards make sure to post them!!! I love seeing what motivates other people. Just remember that once a day is done, you can't go back and that is why it's important to do what you say you are going to do. Be great and go get 'em!

Happy Thursday Fitness Followers.

Train. Work. Eat. Sleep. Repeat!
xo
Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment