Sunday, July 29, 2012

Drumroll please......

Well it's official...on November 10th I will be competing in the Sandra Wickham Fall Classic 2012.  I am pretty excited and feel 100% ready to compete. It's been 8 months since my last competition and I know it's going to be challenging but deep down if I don't do it, I will regret it. I had such a blast last year and met a lot of amazing people and now that I have settled into my new role and living with my man and living in a new city, I feel good.
Making a decision like this involves a lot of people. The first person I had to consider was myself. Do I have enough time to commit to putting in the time I need to in order to place. Will I be able to balance my personal life, work life and training. Will I be able to find time to golf with Brett and enjoy the summer. The next person I had to consider was Brett.
Brett and I have had many talks about my involvement with the competition world and he has always had my back 100%. We had a talk recently about it that helped lead to this decision and he said I should go for it. He also said I better come first this time...joking of course. It's so great to know that I have a partner who supports me no matter what.
If my training does start to affect my work or more importantly my relationship I will have to determine how important it is for me but I have pretty good time management skills so I will deal with that if it comes down to it.
My coach, Leigh Brandt, who helped me get on the stage at the Sandra Wickham last year will be coaching me again this year. I am happy to be apart of the Body By Brandt team again this time around. Leigh is an AMAZING (very deserving of all caps...) person/coach/friend/mentor. She is always there to listen and never rushes you off the phone and makes you feel like you are her only client and if you don't know her she is a busy lady.  Leigh is an international cover model, personal trainer and entrepreneur.
I've really enjoyed my time off and with Brett going back to school and working part-time I feel it is a good time to do this. We are very supportive of each other and he will be there cheering me on in November and I am happy to be documenting my journey once again.
Blogging and putting my life out in the open, isn't something I ever thought I'd do and neither is competing but here I am. This blog as become an amazing outlet for me and I remember my first post. I was very nervouse about the reaction but people have been nothing but supportive and sending me note of encouragement or how I've inspired them. Those messages helped motivate me and push me to write about my journey. This time, I'll be including video blogs, weekly video/photo exercises and healthy food tips. I also started my own fitness page on Facebook, Nicole Wilson Fitness. Check it out and Like it! Prep starts in two weeks people. Stay tuned.
Thank you to everyone who has supported me so far and here is to another year and my journey to getting my Pro Card at Nationals in 2013.

Yours in health and fitness,

xo
Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment