Saturday, November 24, 2012

Bob Harper Meal Plan

137790_Get 25% Off Your New Favorite Under Armour Hoody + Free Shipping. All Orders. No Minimum.

Last night I was researching meal plans and I came across this amazing site that showcased a bunch of different, dare I say it, "diets."I was working on my off season meal plan and trying to incorporate a basic meal plan for building muscle and what I've been learning in all the different books I've been reading. 

After looking through a lot of different plans, I choose the Bob Harper Meal Plan because it was the easiest shell to work from. My biggest challenge in finding a plan that I could work with is that I am allergic to dairy. Not lactose but the dairy protein. This meant I had to keep an open mind when reviewing plans I wanted to try because I would have to replace any type of meals that contained cottage cheese, yogurt and milk.

This was the original plan from B-Harper.

Breakfast
1 packet instant oats
3 egg whites and 1 whole egg
1 cup fresh blueberries
1.5 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
Morning Snack
Lowfat yogurt - to be replaced
Lunch
Turkey club sandwich on whole-wheat bread
Nonfat mayo or mustard
1 apple
Afternoon Snack
2 Wasa crackers
1 tablespoon peanut butter
2 triangles Laughing Cow Cheese - to be replaced
Dinner
Grilled red snapper
2 cups mixed vegetables
1 cup brown rice

The important thing I have to remember is that I am trying to put on some muscle and cut cardio in my off season. This means more carbs throughout the day. My goal is to stay within 8 to 10 pounds of my competition weight for January when I start prepping for the Inside Fitness Model Search. Yesterday was legs and shoulders and I am having a love-hate relationship with stairs. I really pushed myself. 

Anyways, I've been told by my newly appointed "manager" Brett that my posts were too long so I am going to head to the grocery store and grab everything I need for my revised B-Harper diet which I will post on next week along with ideas I pulled from the Abs Diet book I'm reading and the 12 power foods. 

Happy Saturday! 

Nic out
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment