Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Going raw and organic!

Over the past 12 days I have been posting tips on how to stay healthy over the Holidays but haven't personally blogged and it feels so strange! I needed to give you all an update.

It has been over a month since my fitness competition and I have been eating clean and changed my workout focus to strictly weights. My goal is to put on muscle and it's working! I have been able to stay within 3 pounds of my competition weight. Even though my weight hasn't fluctuated that much I can physically see changes to my body.

Not only have my workouts changed but I have a new workout buddy! Brett (my partner) and I have been hitting the gym together. Those that train together, stay together. We are training at least 3 times a week together and our workouts are single muscle focused  When we are at the gym, we are doing low reps and heavier weights and four to five sets because we are trying to build muscle.

I have learned so much from all the books I've been reading about fitness, nutrition and the physiology between both. I've been learning about fat and how it works with our bodies, what to eat and when and much, much more. I haven't been craving foods because I understand that they don't satisfy me and they don't help me achieve the look I want for my body. I have also learned a lot from Brett who did this amazing project on Sustainable Agriculture (check out his video here. It's amazing).

He and I have both been inspired but documentaries we have been watching, books I've been reading that we have decided to go raw and organic in the New Year. Last night we watched Food Matters and then spent the hour after cleaning out our fridge, freezer and pantry. We are committed to this new lifestyle and changing for the long term. I am going to start blogging about our experiences and recipes we are trying. Last night he ordered our Christmas present, a Vitamix and I can't wait to start this new journey with him!

Stay tuned! This week is going to be crazy as we are packing up and moving back to the big City on Monday. Just in time for the holidays.

Nic out!
Xo xo

No comments:

Post a Comment