Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Know where you're going.

In life we can easily loose track of where we are going. There are things pulling us in many different directions but having a constant is extremely important. Whether you are a new mom struggling to find yourself, recently single or unemployed it is very important to have that one thing that gives you a sense of purpose. For me that constant is the gym.

Over the last few months I have managed to keep myself busy while searching for a career but now that Christmas and New Years have passed I've found myself searching for purpose. CNN was on in the background this morning and a guy said it's important to know where you're going. He was taking about the fiscal cliff but it struck a cord with me for this post.

I have been working hard interviewing and sending out resumes but a few weeks ago I came across a great opportunity and I know where I'd like to go. Every since my focus has been to land that job. It would be a DREAM but where was I going?

With all the ups, downs and changes going on the gym has been my constant. When I step foot in the gym my mind clears and I am locked into my workout. It's me time. The gym may not be your constant but find something you can count on and take time for it. Since I don't know where I am going and don't have a competition in the near future I felt that I didn't have a purpose.

Maybe it's just the New Year but having purpose in life and knowing where you are and where you are going is important. It's been weird not working towards something but I need to stay focused on the bigger picture. Since I am not working towards anything specific I decided to create a project for myself. As you know I am reading lots of books and right now and Brett and I are leading a cleaner meal plan. One book I am reading is The Thrive Diet. It's all about whole foods and I thought it would be great to show people how easy it is to make whole foods that are delicious. Starting next Friday called Fit Food Friday where I will make and then post a recipe and a photo of something I've made.

Follow me as I start getting real about real foods. My new journey with fitness.

Nic out!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment