Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Early morning sweat sesh!

Five am wake up's are not fun. The alarm blares, I'm half asleep and it's barley bright outside. The thought of getting out of my warm bed to workout is not the first thing that crosses my mind. Going back to sleep does. Then my second alarm goes and the note to myself is - now, you will regret it later.

I'm up and moving. All my clothes are laid out, my gear is ready and I'm off to the gym, or out to ride. I love starting my mornings...I love once I'm in the middle how great I feel.

Today I went for a really early ride, saw the sun rise and appreciate that I am able to live in such a beautiful city and have the freedom to train when I want. The small things matter and I feel so refreshed when my ride or workout is done and I'm shiny with sweat.

For me, working out is my outlet and my time to think and reflect. It's what helps fuel my life and gives me purpose. Everyone asks how I manage to get up so early to workout and I never know how to respond. I don't think I'm special or deserve any recognition for being a crazy early bird. I know others who are more dedicated than me but finding that passion that means the most to you is what matters. What fuels you?

A book I find myself constantly referring to is, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari. I highly recommend it. In the book he talks about will power and the importance of forming habits. I was trying to find a quote but there are too many to choose from! I will end with one,

"Small victories create the momentum that excited you to take larger steps along the path to your higher self."

My morning workouts are just little bits of excitement that help me get closer to living an even happier and healthier life. Work on finding yours.

Happy Hump Day Everyone....and I will leave you with something profound my friend, Jaime said to me the other day, Eat, Sweat, Smile, Repeat!

xo

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment