Wednesday, February 2, 2011

19 weeks out.

As of today I am about 19 weeks out form competition. I feel okay, but I am still fighting a cold I've had for 3 weeks now. I went to the doctors and had to have blood test to see if they could figure out what I can't kick this cold.
I met my trainer on Tuesday. His name is Pepe and I think I had a case of DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) because I am really starting to feel the burn in my legs and calves.
I will be training with him 3 times a week, Natalie (my mentor/coach/friend) once a week and then on my own once a week. I get two rest days, one of them being an active rest day so I can swim or do yoga. It's hard to image where I will be at the end of May, 2 weeks before competition.
My eating plan has changed a lot. I had been eating really well, but I actually wasn't eating enough. Natalie beefed up my meal plan and I get to even more. Lots of protein, eggs, nuts and more protein. Travelling with my job makes this a challenge, but learning how to eat on the road and pack meals in advance will be a good tool to learn. I think a good cooler is going to be an investment for sure....hopefully I can find a cute pink one.
My number one goal right now is to fight this cold and to get healthy. With lots of travel over the next two months, training, eating well and staying healthy are my goals. I have a great support network at home and amongst my friends which definitely helps.
I have a workout tomorrow with Pepe and I can't wait to see what he has planned for me tomorrow...oh boy, it's going to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment