Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chest and Back = Soreness

Today Pepe and I did a chest and back workout where we focused a lot on form and the proper way to do a lift and breathe etc. There is a lot to take in, but it's a good challenge for sure. I can't wait to start being able to lift a lot of heavy weight. He said it should take about a month to get to deadlifting 130lbs and we will go from there.
We even did a little bit of core today which in addition to my posture needs work. Doing this is also a great test to my patience because I won't see results over night but over a period of time. I need to remember how excited I am now because I'm sure things will get hard or challenging and I will need to remember those times I felt excited to be able to lift a lot.
He also said since I am looking for more of an athletic build as a fitness model, vs. a more muscular build we will be doing more explosive movements vs. slow movements that build more muscle.
Our next session is on Monday and I can't wait to see what he has up his sleeve. We are also going to be taking measurements and find out where I'm starting so in 19 weeks from now I can see my changes.

I had some delicious boiled eggies after my workout and a little bit of nut butter on some rice crackers. Since my session was at 10, I was able to get up and make oatmeal and egg whites which was good breakfast to have before my workout.

In the mean time, Natalie and I will be doing a killer leg workout on Saturday so I'm sure walking on Sunday will be a bit of a challenge...but definitely one I'm up for. Tomorrow I might do a little swim for a break and then take Sunday off.

That's all for today....rest is the name of the game in order for me to get feeling better as I'm still not 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment