Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cheat day = stack of pancakes! Oh yiahhhh

So I got up this morning with every intention of doing Plyos with Nat but it was a group concensus that our bodies hated us and we were going to take an active rest day and go for a walk. I will train weights and do cardio tomorrow. Since I am taking my rest day today, I figured I might as well go all out and do my cheat meal as well. I had been planning my cheat meal for the last 3 days and man was it good. It took me awhile to decide what to have. The first thing that came to mind was a huge piece of apple pie from Aphrodites, but it just wouldn't be the same without my partner in crime, Mr. Chocolate Banana Cream Pie aka Louie. My second choice...a stack of pancakes (whole wheat of course...can't go nuts) and sugar free syrup, I mean real syrup. It is a cheat meal after all and that sugar free was ruining the whole "cheat" aspect.
Yup, another picture of food. If you'd like the recipe for these, I included it below. Not going to lie, I had one more...
For me a rest day means no cardio and no weights. Just rest. I do have an "active" rest day where I go for a power walk or swim for 20 minutes. My cheat day, or meal I should say, means that I get to have one "bad" meal. Hmmm...it's strange but now that I am eating more vegtables and less fruit I don't find myself craving sugar as much and wanting more salty things...interesting.
Rest is the easy part, feeling guilty about not training and eating something "bad" can be hard and that is why it's important to learn how to just take it easy. The first cheat meal I had was with my friend/mentor Natalie at the Keg and it was delicious. It was good to see that it was okay to splurge a little, but the hard part is to only do it once and not say well I could have a bag of chips because I did this, or to have a muffin becuase I did that. You get one meal. That is it and you don't have to feel bad about it. If you were having your last meal what would you have...? I will only get 2 or 3 more "cheat meals" before my competition so I'm going to make them count.
Having a cheat meal is important because some people get obsessed with this type of eating and can end up with eating disorders and eating a cheat meal is only hard because you are constantly measuring, timing and prepping your foods which also takes time so breaking that routine can play tricks on your mind so you have to get over it and just eat that fluffy pancake...my mouth is literally watering...I got to go eat my pancakes before they are cold so pass me the Aunt Jemima's!

Everything in moderation. Enjoy your cheat meal : )

Eat. Train. Sleep. Repeat! (Today I guess, Eat. Sleep. and back to the grind tomorrow)

Nicole

My pancake recipe...mix all dry ingredients first and thn add the liquids.
>1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
>1 tsp Baking Power
>3/4 unsweetened apple sauce
>2 egg whites
>1 cup of water (you can use almond or soya milk too)
>4 packets of splenda (I think that works out to 1 tsp)
>1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
>1/2 tsp Cinnamon
Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment