Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mark my words....I love my early morning cardio

You're going to think I'm totally crazy but I love my new cardio program. Even though I am only on my 3rd day for the week and still have 3 more days of weights and 2 more cardio sessions. I woke up feeling great and happy that I got the day off to a good start. From now on I will be training out at the Richmond Olympic Oval for my cardio. They have lots of great equipment which makes it easy to mix things up. 20 minutes on stairs and 20 minutes run. The goal behind my cardio is to break a sweat not to kill myself because I dont' want to burn muscle purely fat. I finished my cardio and home eating breakfast by 8 am. The importance of getting up early and starting the day is a lot more important that you'd realized. The reason, squeezing in 6 meals a day can be very challenging. Last night I didn't have Meal 5: until 8:30 and still had to eat Meal 6 and be in bed by 10 pm.
So I choose to capture how I felt at this moment as a reminder to myself when I am feeling a little sluggish or tired or don't want to get up at 5:30 how great I feel when I do challenge myself and compete my cardio. I know that this is something that everyone feels and you have to get past it. Making such a statement so early into my new program, but I figure since I am putting it all out on the line and telling everyone about my journey that it would be another tool to help motivate me in the moments where the glimpse of "I can't" or "don't want to" pop into my head. My dad always says, never start a sentence with I can't.
Another great thing I discovered this morning is a great new way to cook and eat my delicious cup of egg whites. I measure out my egg whites and spray a corningwear dish with pam. Cover and cook in the microwave. Once cooked it looks like a fritatta. Add a little hot sauce and you got yourself some delicious eggs. Try it out. I love talking pictures of food for some reason so I included one of my eggies.....


Time to get to work! Have a great Thursday everyone.

Eat. Train. Sleep. Repeat.


Nicole



No comments:

Post a Comment