Friday, April 8, 2011

I eat an entire chicken....

So Wednesday night was my dad’s 60th birthday and I was allowed to have a small cheat meal. I got so carried away that I forgot to take a picture until I was done half my meal! The picture almost looks barbaric but boy was it delicious and as promised...a picture.

Today I weighed myself in the afternoon and I usually only weigh myself once a week in the early morning on Saturdays when I am doing my weekly photos. Well don’t sigh at me...but I have gone up two pounds. I know you are probably all rolling your eyes at me or thinking I am nuts, but with what I am doing those pounds are important. I told David this at the gym and he said that your body can gain up to 5 pounds during the day and its normal for weight to flucuate. The reason I brought this up, even at the risk of you thinking I’m crazy, was it’s a great example of why you shouldn’t focus too much on the scale. The truth is, those extra pounds are probably water weight. I think this is something that a lot of you can relate to. That experience of stepping on the scale and not being satisfied can be hard but I’ve learned it’s not so much about the number, but how you feel.

If you feel like a million bucks then good on you! The scale is really just a number and if you are eating healthy (in moderation), getting exercise and are happy, that’s all that matters.
I am not going to beat myself up about it because if I beat myself up about anything it should be my grammar. I have been told that my blog is now going to be edited before I’m allowed to post (thanks Erin!) I guess that is a good thing. I wouldn’t want people to stop reading because I have put in the wrong “their” or "there".
Another thing that stressing about a few pounds does, is keep them on! If you are constantly thinking about that little pouch or your muffin top, you are never going to be happy. First focus on the things you love about yourself. For me, I love my legs and shoulders. Once you start seeing yourself in a more positive light and think, “man, I look good today" you will start to not only see a change in your attitude but the weight, over time, may disappear on its own.

This is something I need to work on as well and that is why I wanted to bring it up. I am a little worried because I have always had a little extra around my belly button and getting “rid” of it seems impossible so I have decided not to stress over it and focus on how much I love that my hiney is higher, my shoulders are looking sharp and that in the next 7 weeks it will slowly disappear and I will be able to accept and appreciate that part of my body just as much as the rest. Like David said, you should love every part of your body and he is right. This doesn’t just apply to the outside, but the every part of the inside as well.

The last week has been tough but it is amazing the amount of messages and positive notes I get. Those kinds of things really mean a lot to me and definitely help! I have started to print them out and put them on sticky notes around my place. I’ve also jotted down some important quotes. It’s a constant reminder of why I am doing this. So thank you for all your support!
If you have any great quotes please send them my way. I am make a giant post-it note mural and I’d love to have some great things to put on it!

Thanks to all my readers. I hope you enjoyed this "proofed" piece of work.

Eat. Train. Sleep. Repeat!

Nic

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts! They are so motivating to me personally :)

    ReplyDelete