Monday, April 11, 2011

Pancake recipe. It's the tits!

Good Morning Monday! Yesterday my day started off in a fantastic mood because I mastered my pancake recipe. I've previous failed miserably on the last 3 or 4 times I've attempted it but the trick was to blend the ingredients together first and then cook them.

Here's the my scrumpcious Egg White Oatmeal Pancakes recipe:
(It makes 2 servings)
  • 1 cup oats (can be steel-cut but I like Quaker)
  • 1/4 cup chopped nuts (almonds and walnuts)
  • 1 cup egg whites
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 scoop protein powder (optional)
Now how to make 'em....
1. Grind oats and chopped nuts in a food processor (I have my handy dandy magic bullet that I use)
2. Sprinkle in cinnamon, and add protein powder if you want.
3. Add egg whites and blend
4. Oil the pan and cook until brown.

These are awesome because you can make a large batch and freeze them or eat them hot as a treat. I only eat 2 and then make 2 egg whites to make sure I am getting the proper amount of protein. If I use protein powder in my cakes then I don't make egg whites. Also, if you need a little bit of flavour you can top with some (1 tbsp) peanut butter or a sugar-free syrup.

Give this recipe a whirl and let me know what you think!

Hope you enjoy.

Eat. Train. Sleep. Repeat.

Nic


1 comment: