Monday, April 4, 2011

Speed bump.....literally

So yesterday I was driving home from my work trip in Kamloops and I was involved in a 5 car collision. My first thought was, would I still be okay to train? How was I going to feel in a couple hours or in a couple of days? I’ve heard lots of horrible stories of people that have been injured and taken years to recover. In addition to the fact that I might wake up tomorrow with a sore back and neck, all my hard work over the last 11 weeks might be down the drain! I was a little stressed out. Today, my neck, back and knee were a little sore, but I was lucky that my aunt (who is a trauma nurse) was staying with us and was able to take a look at me when I got home. She told me to take a couple of Advil’s and take it easy.
Take it easy?! This isn't something I do unless I'm on a rest day. Today I was supposed to do cardio and weights but my coach and trainer advised me not to do anything unless I was feeling 100%. On top of all of this, I had a bunch of work stuff to get done today.
Getting in an accident is a part of life and everything happens for a reason but I am curious as to why this happened. Maybe I’ll find out. The most important thing is that everyone was okay. For now, I need to just take it easy, which isn't easy as I am 8 weeks out from competition and need to be buckling down, cranking out the cardio and increasing my weights during training.
Positive thinking and rest is going to be number one this week so that I can get back on the ball next week. As of Saturday I will be 49 days out from my competition and every day and every meal and every hour of rest count. It's go time.
I guess this speed bump was an awakening that I need to focus and get my head in the game. These things happen but life goes on. I hope everyone had a great weekend and I'll be back to my regular blogging tomorrow.

Eat. Train. Sleep. Repeat!

Nic, out!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that you are OK!! You are definitely being tested. Keep your spirits up and take care of yourself :) Love Laura xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also incredibly glad that you are OK, Nicole!!! I am so proud of the level of hard work and determination that you have already accomplished. You truly are a huge inspiration to me in my process of achieving my own goals!!! :) Thanks for sharing with us lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the positive thoughts! I really appreciate everyone's support.

    Nic

    ReplyDelete