Friday, May 6, 2011

Chillin with the "early birds"

Today I rolled out of bed and literally into the pool at the Vancouver Aquatic Centre, the one near Nat Bailey. My alarm went off at 6 and I was in the pool by 6:30. Since I am doing 2, 35 cardio sessions right now I have been trying to mix up the types of cardio I'm doing to shock my muscles a little. After a few laps I forgot what a great workout swimming was. I am use to swimming 25 M lengths but today they had the 50 M lengths open and lets just say I got my workout in. The reason I wanted to get my workout in so early is so that I could give my body a break before my weights session with David and my cardio workout later at 5. That rest time in between workouts is really important.

While I was at the pool I made friends with a retiree named David (ironically enough). I was just resting in between laps and he said good morning, which I thought was really nice. We chatted for a little about the pool, the weather and retired life as I have been trying to be more understanding and supportive towards my dad now that he's retired. I find I am learning a lot about what my dad must be going through now that he's retired from talking to other people that have gone through work withdrawal as I like to call it. Anyhow, our chat came to an end as he had to "run off" in the water. Helps get his heart rate up which was good because it was time to finish up my laps so I could get home and make breakfast.

I looked up at the clock and it was 7 am and I could feel that hunger was coming over me and when I get hungry it happens fast. We are talking 0-10 seconds flat before I'm starving and can't function. This is what I like to refer to as being "hangry." If I feel like I'm getting hangry, I keep my mouth shut, smile and have a hand full of almonds or chew some gum until I can get to my fridge or pre-packed cooler. I wouldn't consider myself an angry person, I am just trying to stay positive and polite towards the people around me. The whole meal plan and exercise exertion can really play tricks on your body and your mind which some people might not understand. To put it in perspective, cut everything you love our of your daily routine. I'm talking coffee, muffins, chocolate, pizza, alcohol and anything else delicious and replace it with protein shakes, egg whites and chicken and two workouts a day = hangry if not fed. Don't get me wrong, it's a life style by choice I am living right now and know this is what I need to be doing to succeed.

I will have some great stuff to dish for you come Monday morning. Talks of ice baths and my photos! I hope you all have a great weekend and Thanks again for your continued support! Only 22 more sleeps until the big day. I feel like I'm preparing for the "big day." Maybe that's how I look at it from here out. The "Big Day."

Time to hit la gym.

Eat. Train. Sleep. Repeat.

Nic Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment