Thursday, August 25, 2011

CrossFit makes me hungry.

After spending the last little while on the road, getting back to the gym has really helped me feel at home. Being there and having a plan really helps me feel grounded. Everyone deserves to find that something that makes you feel comfortable and grounded. This is my first week back in training and so far things are okay. After my last two weight sessions, I've been sore which is a good thing. The next 3 weeks are going to be a great challenge and I'm up for it.

Last night Nat and I went for sushi but no rolls for us. We ordered a wack of sashimi, green salads and miso soup. It was the perfect amount of food, delicious and not too pricy. I love sushi and could probably eat it everyday. I was super hungry yesterday and I think that it was from the CrossFit workout I did on Tuesday. CrossFit really gets your heart rate up and I was still burning calories the next day and I think that was the reason I was so hungry all day yesterday.

CrossFit is a really cool workout and it's unlike anything I've done before. Everyday there is a WOD (Workout of the Day) posted on crossfit.com and it definitely takes a few years of practice to get really good at CrossFit but that is the great thing about it is that you are constantly challenging yourself and pushing yourself to a point of fitness that you never dreamed of. I can't do all the exercises yet but it's something I am going to continue to learn and train so one day I can adapt some of those workouts into my own training style.  There are tonnes of CrossFit spots in the city so take a friend and check one out.

This weekend is a super busy weekend for me. Skechers has the Vancouver Shoe Shoe and then on Saturday is the Femsport event. If you are around downtown on Saturday near Georgia and Hamilton outside the CBC building swing by and say hi!

Today was a long day so I am off to bed! Rest is equally important when training as eating well.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Nic xoxo

2 comments:

  1. This is highly informatics, crisp and clear. I think that everything has been described in systematic manner so that reader could get maximum information and learn many things. crossfit holiday

    ReplyDelete
  2. i read a lot of stuff and i found that the way of writing to clearifing that exactly want to say was very good so i am impressed and ilike to come again in future.. best keto diet weight loss

    ReplyDelete