Friday, November 4, 2011

I got swag-gar. 8 sleeps!

Last night I was in bed at 8:45 pm and read a magazine and I'm pretty sure I was out by 9:30. My body must be trying to tell me something and I felt well rested when I got up this morning to my alarm clock. I got up, had some coffee, organized myself and the day was on!

A little cardio and my final upper body workout with Fletch was on the agenda and it was a tough one. I was in my last super-set, on my fourth exercise and I literally had the cry feeling of oh my god, is it over. Fletch came over and looked at me and asked why I had stopped and I replied "I'm done and my body is toast." He asked if I was mentally or physically tired and I looked at him and then back to myself in the mirror, took a deep breath and finished the set of exercises. It took everything for me to zone in on that little bit of energy I had left and I knew I had to rest. I understand that each workout is suppose to be a "last chance workout" but really, my body isn't going to change much over the next week except in terms of dropping the infamous water weight.

Speaking of weight, I can't afford to loose anymore of it! I have already been at my competition weight for a week and I know I am still holding around 4 - 5 pounds of water. I don't want to get any leaner because if my body is exerting too much energy it will start to look to other places such as muscle for energy and that would not be a good thing. I want to look more than toned this time, I want to look shredded. My abs are usually the thing I struggle with the most so I conveniently scheduled my last heavy legs for this past Wednesday, upper body today and inner core Monday and I will do a little full body circuit on Wednesday and a tiny bit of cardio.

Speaking of this past Wednesdays heavy leg workout, I am walking with some mad swag-gar. My legs are so sore from all those, let me rephrase that...from the 1000 squats I did on Wednesday that I am walking like a gangsta. And no, I don't look cool and going up and down stairs hurts. Good thing I still have a few days to stretch them out before I have to be in heels because I could see that being a problem.

Right now cardio is such a huge part of my daily routine but with the amount of calories I'm bumping out in an hour isn't the same as it was 2 weeks ago because I don't have the energy to hit the high speeds and high incline as I use to. This doesn't mean I'm not giving 100%, it just means I take my time and trying to balance out my morning and evening cardios to equal workouts instead of one being harder than the other.

I am really looking forward to this weekend. Saturday morning I will be up early to hit the gym before my final athletes meeting with the BodyByBrandt girls where we are talking about the final countdown! After the meeting I am heading out to meet Brett for a little midday outing and some QT (quality time) and then the BC Lions game with my family. I am really excited. Sunday, Robyn and I are going for some pedicures so all in all its going to be a good weekend. Time to relax a little....

Stay tuned for the "7 days out photo" and a full weekend re-cap on Monday morning people!

Nic Out

xoxo

2 comments: