Thursday, November 3, 2011

Single digits! 9 little sleeps!


After a horrible sleep on Tuesday, I slept like a baby last night at the cabin and got up early to hit the gym in North Vancouver before returning back with coffee for Brett and me. He was still asleep so I did some work before he got up and we made breakfast and just enjoyed some quiet time together. This is the amazing omelet that Brett made for himself. It smelt and looked delicious.

The day was off to a good start and it's official, I'm 9 sleeps from show time. I have 2 more heavy weight days and two more full body workouts and 12 more
 cardio sessions before my moment on stage to showcase all my hard work. After a year of prepping chicken, passing on girls nights and living at the gym, I will have completed my goal plus some.

I have mixed emotions but most of all I want to take it one day at a time because this chapter in my life will be over and a new one is just beginning.  It's like Christmas, it comes and goes in a blink of an eye so you have to really take it all in.

I know what I need to do each day and eat every meal from here out to ensure I am exactly where I want to be in just over a week. Competing is not something you can cram for. It is something that takes a lot of time and discipline. You cant nibble here and there or miss a workout because your tired. You only have each day and what you make of it. Someone once said, a moment on the lips is forever on the hips and in this case is 100% true. You can't make excuses for events or I'll start fresh Monday. There are no due overs and the only person your cheating is yourself. You are cheating yourself of knowing you gave it your best and never knowing what you could have accomplished if you gave it everything instead of giving in. I am definitely not perfect when it comes to failing and giving in but you have to let that moment go, forgive yourself and move forward.

Every week has a Monday but if you keep starting over or looking towards the next Monday for a fresh start, something isn't right. When your interested in doing something, you do it only because it's convenient. When your committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results. If you want results you make a plan and stick to it. Yes, it will be hard at first but anything worth doing will take a little bit of effort but soon enough it will become routine and you will form new and better habits.

To help keep myself motivated, I love reading inspirational books and stories of others and what they've accomplished. I also like marking down my favorite quotes or words on post-it notes and placing them around my apartment as friendly reminders. It helps me focus and re-focus on my goals and what I want to accomplish. My goals are always a way for me to keep track of things I'm passionate about or are important to me. What is something you'd like to accomplish before the end of 2011? Sleep on it over the weekend. Anything is possible people.
Have an awesome weekend! T.G.I.F!
Eat. Train. Sleep. Repeat.

Nic out!
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment