Monday, November 14, 2011

I said I wanted a trophy, and I did it!

This weekend was nothing short of a roller coaster. Friday was the athletes meeting and I had already spent the day tanning with my mom but I was still no dark enough. Carb and water depleted, I drove home frustrated that I had to apply two more coats before bed. I called my mom and warned her that I was a little on edge but I knew that I needed to get it done. She was very understanding and stayed up with my until I had on 6 coats.

I set my alarm for 5 am and it really started to feel like a dream that in less that 12 hours the whole day would be starting and I would be going through the motions of competition day. I shut my eyes and the next thing I knew it was 4:36 and I was up and turning on my hot rollers. After packing my suitcase, I started putting the rollers in because Jordan would be arriving shortly to start makeup at 6. Time was just starting to fly but and the next thing I knew, my makeup was done and I was getting ready to head to the theater. I got there early because I wanted to get a good spot and I ended up getting a spot with a wonderful group in a small dressing room. Everything happens for a reason and I definitely ended up in theirs for a reason. Kennedy, who I had met the week before, and her mom (who was also competing) were in the dressing room and the positive energy amongst the ladies was awesome and definitely made the day!

It was only 8:30 when I arrived and I still had to finish my hair and put on some final tanning touches before all I could do, was wait. At 12:45 they finally started calling for the Bikini Tall girls and Kennedy (164) and I headed up stairs to wait backstage before it was our turn to make an appearance and rock it! It wasn't until 1:30 that I went on stage and I felt like it was all a dream. All my posing definitely paid off because I didn't even think about it. It was like my golf swing, natural. I walked out, rocked my front pose, back pose and then waited at the back of the stage for call outs.

As the last girl came on stage, we got brought to the front in two groups to get judged some more before we were told to return to the back of the stage. Now, was it for the call outs. How call outs work is you want to get called out first because that usually means you are top five. I am pretty sure I was holding my breath and smiling really hard at the judges and then finally, number 165....(my number) came over the head judges mic. I got first call out!!!! This was a good sign. They called up 4 other girls and started shuffling them around to do comparisons and then we were to return to the back of the stage.  I was beaming through my teeth and couldn't believe it.

As I walked off the stage I almost wanted to pee my pants I was so excited. I decided to head home and have a little rest before the evening show in a few short hours where I would find out my destiny. After returning home. I was bouncing off the walls and was chatting a million miles a minute. After blabbing about the morning to my family, I took a little nap and then got up and had to get ready all over again as I wanted to get back to the theater early to ensure I got the same space as the morning. I had all the same ladies in my room for the evening show and it was time to find out if I was in fact a winner.

On my way back to the theater I started down playing the fact that I might have actually been top 5 even though I did get first call out. What if I didn't win or get top 3?! I didn't want to get too excited before I actually had that trophy in my hands. After waiting 4 and half hours to go back on stage, it was my time. They lined us up and Kennedy and I said a little prayer and they called her number and I was next. I marched out on stage did my front pose, back pose and returned to the back of the stage. After all the girls were called out, they asked us to leave the stage and then they would call back out the top 5. I was the third girl called out and all I could do was wait. First they announced 5th, then 4th and I couldn't believe it, I was top 3!!! Already an accomplishment, they called out 3rd and I realized I was top 2! At this point I was praying for them not to call my number and it almost happened in slow I was 2nd!!! Oh, my god! I won and was now a qualifier for the BC's in June next year. I left the stage and was jumping up and down! It sure felt like first place but it also still felt like a dream. I had accomplished my goal and in a big way.

After the show, my family awaited for me in the lobby and I couldn't wait to see them! After Brett and I went to Cactus to celebrate with the rest of the BBB girls and it was a lot of fun. It was 1 am and I had been up since 4:30 and was wiped to say the least but it was all worth it! At Cactus, just in case you were curious, I didn't go crazy. I had calamari and Brett and I split the J.D bbq burger and I was content. I didn't wanted to eat too much because I was having brunch at my house on Sunday to celebrate my birthday and post competition.

Anyways, this post has been a novel and I didn't even tough on Sunday....This whole journey has been amazing and now I will enjoy a little down time and eat clean, continue training and focus my energy on some other things right now but BC's next June, here I come! I think I just committed to another show :S maybe I'll sleep on it...

Thank you to all my friends that came and supported me during the morning show, my family who has tolerated a lot and supported me and provided lots of hugs when I needed them, to my Oval family who always had a positive outlook, my boyfriend who is excited to see me eat real food and gave me all the space I needed to reach my goal and everyone for reading about my journey. You were all there on stage with me and I really appreciate all the letters and notes from all of you!

Love you all!!!!

Nic out


1 comment: