Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Chocolate Protein Oatmeal Cookies. Yum!

Last night I had a little time to myself after the gym and an awesome burger. It's not what you think. Of course I wanted a bun but I opted for a lettuce wrap chicken breast and it was delicious. That is apart of the journey is making small healthy choices day by day. Meal by meal. #eatclean right?!

The thing I realized when debating the bun decision of 2012. To eat or not to eat. I thought about all the hard work and time I had been putting into my body to feel better and eating a juicy burger would only have temporary satisfaction. If I take care and put thought into each mean and each workout, the results will last forever! The forever is totally worth it! A moment on the lips of forever on the hips.

Anyways, I am a dessert or treat kind of girl and I have been doing really well lately that I wanted to make a healthy batch of protein cookies and I just bought this awesome Chocolate Protein (Vega Sport, Performance protein but I'm sure any kind would do). Here is what I tossed together, literally.

Grab a bowl and add in one by one:
1. 1 3/4 c. Oats
2. 4 scoops protein
3. 1/2 c. Unsweetened Apply Sauce
4. 1/2 c. Egg Whites
5. 1 tbsp Splenda
6. 1 tsp Olive Oil
7. 1 tsp Cinnamon to taste 
You can add nuts or raisins if you like.

Mix them up and then use an ice cream scoop to form balls and press down on a pan and put them in the oven. 325 F for 15 - 20 minutes. 

I had two for a snack and a litre of water and boy they filled me up. I had these with a 1/2 cup of blueberries. Great snack option! 

A girls got to have a lil chocolate every once in a while. I also deserved a little reward after the last month. I have been working very hard towards my goal of breaking 140 and keeping my scale hidden. Have you?! I am going to weigh myself tomorrow to see where I am at. The last month has gone well and I am getting into more of a routine with my food and going to the gym and have notice results which has been really motivating because I was in a real rut for a while. 

Lately I have been lifting more so inches at the end of the day are more important that the lb's but both would be a win-win. I will have to compare my inches and weight and give you an update soon. It's off to bed for this one. I hope you enjoy the recipe. Let me know what you think!

xoxo
Nic

Eat. Sleep. Train. Repeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment