Saturday, September 29, 2012

I OD'd on almond butter...I'm not perfect.

So it has taken me a few days to write this post because I felt guilty at first and being so close to my competition felt extra bad about my slip up. Writing this to all my followers was important because I am NOT perfect and I make mistakes too. Its how we handle them and move forward that counts.

It all went down Wednesday night...or should I say last Saturday when I purchased the almond butter from Costco in the first place. Wednesday night I was having protein with a tbsp of peanut butter but one spoon full led to another and without realizing I was in a trace and had more than 3 spoonfuls of peanut butter. This may not sound like much but each spoonful cost me 100 calories, 8 grams of fat and  1 gram of sugar. You can do the math...I was really disappointed in myself but I had to move forward.

Moving forward included throwing out my container of almond butter...darn you MaraNatha, you make the best NUT BUTTER!!! It's terrible that I can't even have it in the house. It's my kryptonite but now that I've gotten rid of the culprit, I feel so much better. Other than my mishap the other night I have been 100% committed to my training and my meals. It feels so much better to talk about it to everyone that has been so supportive of me and my training. I'm not perfect and everyone does have their moments of weakness. With 6 weeks to go as of today, I haven't been more committed to my goal of placing 1st at Sandra Wickham. This mistake has pushed me to mentally get passed what happened and continue with my journey.

This past week I had a great break through. I met my goal weight early but this was over shadowed by the Almond Butter incident. I should have been over joyed reaching my goal weight a week early. Now is the time when the little victories really help push you to reaching your goal. In the next 6 weeks I need to drop another 10 pounds which is a little more than a pound and a half a week. I really need to push myself for the next two weeks before my surgery on the 10th as I will have to take a few days off from training to allow my stitches to heal properly. My surgeon said that I need to be mindful of my shoulder and what types of exercises I'm doing but I can do a lot of body weight workouts and steady state cardio. Life happens and you have to keep on track.

Today I slept in til 10:30! I had been fighting a cold all week and after 9 workouts I think my body was trying to tell me something. After having breakfast and relaxing, I prepared my leg and tricep workout and it was off to the gym. I was dragging my butt a little but once I got to the gym I was 100% into my workout. Even though my workout was so late in the day I still have to get my second workout to get in so I am super happy to have a GBF, Jill. We are going to hit the gym later tonight for some gossip over cardio. Its always more fun to do cardio with someone because it makes the time fly by. Tomorrow is time for some yoga to stretch out from the week and time to sweat!

Now that my slate is clean and I aired out my dirty laundry about OD'ing on almond butter I can officially move on.  My goal this week is to loose 2 pounds and hide my scale. I am committing to weighing myself on Saturday mornings only.

Since I had a little time on my hands,  I took a trip down memory lane and pulled out my competition tub. I found my winning Whey Gourment bag and beautiful suit. After dusting off my clear slippers and bringing out all the stuff from my last competition I feel good. I'm excited to start practicing my posing and Saturday seems like a great day to practice because it is really quiet. Practicing posing is just as important as training and eating properly. I need to be able to hit each pose without thinking about it and without doing it in front of a mirror. The more I practice the better I know I will be on stage.

Anyways, I hope you all have a great Saturday! Today is a new day and I'm pushing on!


Eat. Train. Sleep. Repeat!

Nic out
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment