Monday, September 17, 2012

Time to pick a suit!

My goal was to be 130 by the end of September and after a solid last week of keeping my diet tight and workouts strong and high intensity, I've seen some solid movements on the scale. I've almost hit my goal and that means I get to pick a suit color!!! I'm so excited about this and having been dreaming up all the different options I have to play with. The last week is probably my favorite where I get to do my tan, do my hair and have my makeup done. It's an early morning on competition day and very hard to sleep the night before. It's like getting ready to get on a plane when you are 8 going to Disneyland or at least that's how I would describe competing.


Yesterday I was wiped and didn't feel like doing my cardio in the morning so my friend Jess and I went to a morning yoga class and it felt great to stretch and sweat. After yoga I need to do some serious prep work for the week as it is going to be a busy one. I am getting very efficient with my prep...lean ground turkey in one pan, chicken in another and tilapia on the Barbie-Q. It takes my about an hour and a half to cook, weigh and sort my meals for the next few days. I need to hit Costco this week as I am almost out of asparagus and the worst thing that can happen during a week is not having food prepped or in the fridge ready to be prepped. Messes with your mind and you start looking at other things in the fridge. Dun Dun Dun. I think I will be prepping Sunday's and Wednesday's. It's what works best for me but everyones schedules are so different.

During my lovely food prep, I got a text from my GBF and she was dying to do some cardio and it was literally the last thing on my mind. I was sluggish and tired but nothing beats the buddy system so I told her to be at the gym for 5 and we could do some cardio together. Five o'clock rolled around and Jill and I met at the gym and both looked bagged but by the end of our 45 minute cardio session we were gabbing away with all this new found energy. It's amazing how good working out makes you feel. It felt so good to burn some extra cals and have a buddy to workout with. We chatted about competitions, life and food prep. It's so nice to have someone to talk to that understands this crazy world I love.

In 8 weeks from now I will be standing on stage and I have a lot of work to do. I need to practice my posing and pull out the glass slippers and march around in those heels until they feel like they are flats. I want my posing to showcase my shoulders which I am working very hard at filling out and my classic side pose booty pop. It's my favorite pose. Then there is the suit!!! Fingers crossed I make my goal weight early which would be amazing. I don't know if I am going to reveal the color of my suit or wait until show time. I think I will keep it a surprise!

Anyways, one workout, one meal, one day at a time! 54 days - crazy time :)

Eat. Train. Sleep. Repeat.

Nic Out
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment