Friday, November 22, 2013

Crossfit.....I think I'm in love

Yesterday was day four of my 30 day challenge and I had committed to trying a beginners Crossfit class at Raincity Athletics. A friend had recommended them and after visiting a few other Crossfit Gyms I was open to giving it a go. 

After downing my Vega pre-workout, I headed off to my class. Upon arrival, a group was wrapping up their WOD and man was it intense. I was breaking a sweat just watching this group. A mix of both men and women just destroying this workout. 

I waited in the back with the other beginners making small talk and introducing myself. It was a good group and I was starting to get really excited. We were all in the same boat. The class finished and Simon aka. Thor, the co-founder and our Coach called us over and started introductions. This place offers much more than just Crossfit. They have worked hard to create a sense of community which was very apparent by the three dogs hanging out in the back and a small child patiently waiting for his mom. I loved it. 

We went around the circle and did introductions, talked about Crossfit, did some dynamic stretching and talked about the WOD or Workout Of the Day we were doing. We were all partnered up and it was time to get started. 15 minutes later, I felt amazing! The workout was done and it was exhilarating.  

If you are interested in trying Crossfit, I highly recommend that you check out Raincity Athletics. I can't wait to go back. 

Have a great weekend! 

Eat. Sweat. Smile. Repeat. 

Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment