Thursday, April 14, 2011

Food Prep Friday...Thursday

Our kitchen has been out of commission since Sunday and it has really thrown my food prep for a loop. I usually like my traditional "Food Prep Friday" but since I am low on everything I am changing it up and cooking Thursday.

I like to be really prepared by washing and cutting up all my veggies, pre-cooking my breakfast pancakes, baking chicken and hard boiling eggs. I put it in tupperwear containers in the fridge so it's accessible. Tupperware can be inexpensive so you should check out the dollar store. It also helps eliminate any excuses starting with, "I had no food in my fridge." Keeping baggies on hand makes eating on the rush easy. 

The picture basically demonstrates everything in my diet at the moment. To season the chicken, I use Ms. Dash, a salt free seasoning for taste. I'll even use a little rosemary to give it a more flavoring.

Vegan Greens+ Protein is my favorite protein. You can find it at GNC or Whole Foods. I have a very sensitive stomach and it doesn't bother me at all. It even tastes good if you mix it with water! Almond milk, by Almond Breeze, is my favorite thing to mix with my protein. It is low in calories and is a nice treat once in a while.

If you find that you can't find a peanut butter that is low in sugar, try "Nuts to you Nut Butter." My favorite is Sunflower Seed Butter. It's delicious and they make a bunch of different types of nut butter. It's around $7 a container, but if you only use one tbsp at a time :) it will last awhile.

I only hard boil enough eggs for a few days at a time because otherwise they aren't as good. If you don't boil them long enough the shell won't peel off as easy. Allow the eggies to boil for 13 minutes because I want to make sure they are cooked.

My pancake recipe is pretty good and I posted the recipe a few days ago. On Saturday I will be taking my 6 week photos and my meal plan will probably change a little bit but I couldn't image what I would have to cut out of my diet. Maybe my cardio will, actually I know it will increase....in addition to maybe smaller meals.

If you have any questions about any of my meal stuff, ask away. Just remember, PFC = Protein, Fat and Carb. Make sure you have a little with each meal.

Eat. Train. Sleep. Repeat.

Nic Out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment