Monday, May 2, 2011

4 weeks :)

Only 26 more sleeps until my first fitness competition! I made a calendar at the beginning of this journey, 20 weeks ago, and this weekend was kind of a big deal because I tore off the final month before the month of my actual competition. Every day when I get up and look at my calendar, all I'm looking at is the final stretch. Everything is coming together!

Since my sister/ photographer is in Vegas I got my mom to take my photos today and had to get up at 5:45 am so she could and that is why I look half asleep in my photos, but here they are...Today was also very exciting because the curse is broken! I'd been weighing in at 128.4 for the last 3 weeks but today I weighed in at 127! Everything is becoming very surreal and I cannot wait! I just need to make sure that I am getting lots of rest as I did not sleep well last night and have a very busy day...


I can't believe I am so close to my goal. It seems like time has just flown by and when I think about everything I've done and learned I look forward to continuing with this type of lifestyle just not as strict. Its almost summer and I enjoy a bottle of wine every now and then. Eating clean, on the other hand, is something I want to continue doing because I've reach a certain point where its hard for me to even image going back to how I use to eat. I was a closet eater who liked muffins from whole foods and grazing during the day who has a major sweet tooth and addiction to pie. It was hard in the beginning, as I am sure many of you can relate to if you've ever tried "dieting". I never say I'm on a diet because I'm not. I am following a certain meal plan which includes eating clean. This type of eating has lead to several benefits including my skin which has cleared up, my digestion has improved and a few other things including how I feel.

This weekend Nat and I hit up Superstore and I thought I was going to come out with a lot more condiments but I figure since I've gone this long without that I can make it another 26 sleeps. I did buy a few things that I needed. Such as...
Steel cut oats - great for my pancakes :)
Red Hot Sauce (Lime flavour) - I put that s*$# on everything. No really. I put it on everything....
Peanut Butter - no sugar or salt added and its only 100 calories per tbsp. Delicious!
Garlic powder - salt free. I thought it was time to mix up my chicken a little
Crystal Light made with Splenda is sooooooo good mixed.

At this stage my food is good and so is my training and the next 26 days are going to fly by so I'm going to kill it! The rest of my training sessions have been booked, my tanning is booked, my hair and makeup are booked. Knowing that I have everything lined up that I need to succeed makes me feel confident and prepared. I even had my makeup done the other day as a dry run and it looked amazing! Just like Barbie. After having my makeup done, I couldn't wait until for my suit to arrive. It is all coming together and it sooooo exciting!

Eat. Train. Sleep. Repeat.

Nic Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment