Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Please, oh please let me keep my oats.

It's hard to believe that this journey started for me back in November when I met Natalie Waples, IFBB Figure Pro at a boot camp with Tommy Europe.  She was this beaming ball of energy and I was so drawn to her amazing personality that I wanted to know more about what she did. After spending a few weeks looking into what she did as a fitness competitor I met with her in January to pick her brain with questions I had about what she did and if she thought I could compete as a fitness model. After our coffee meeting we had set out a time line and picked a competition that left me 24 weeks to train to become a fitness model and from there it has turned into a life changing experience.

It wasn't until the end of January that I started training weights because I had gotten really sick. At first the doctor thought it was mono but it turns out that my body had shut down from my over training. This was long before my training and nutrition was supervised and I was working out on my own. I would just go to the gym and stay for hours and wasn't feeding my body enough fuel and it took my body a long time to recover from that but after having a meal plan created for me and a weight program set up with my trainer, I was set. The last 24 weeks have gone by so fast and its crazy to think that I only have 24 days now.

When Natalie and I first met she asked for me to take photos, record what I was eating and how much I was working out. She was shocked when she looked at my meal plan and estimated that I was only in taking around 950 calories a day and working out 3 hours a day. This could have had long term damage on my body. Now I am eating around 2000 calories a day and working out a lot less. Even though I was eating really well and clean I wasn't eating enough. Your body really needs fuel when  your training at a high intensity because your constantly burning calories.

Anyways, training has been good and I am happy with how my body is coming along but I want to work on my butt and legs so we have been focusing on that. David had asked how I was feeling and I said that my the only part that I found was taking time to recover were my legs. They have continuously been fatigued and David asked if I'd even had an ice bath because they are good for recover as they help reduce swelling. I have seen the blow up ice baths but an at home remedy? He said you said you fill the tub with cold water, buy 4 or 5 bags of ice and dump the ice in and jump in 5 minutes at a time. I haven't done one yet but its on the agenda for Friday...I'm trying not to think about it and don't you worry about documentation. I'll post pictures and a full play by play of this wacky idea.

I literally just got off the phone with the lady making my suits and she is sending them next week! Yippie! I also have to start working on my second outfit for the show which is similar to a Halloween outfit....I have a few ideas in mind but you'll have to wait and see what I decide on. Nat also asked me to send her my current meal plan so she could tweak it. It shouldn't change too much but I am praying that oats will still be on the list. I live for my steel cut oats. If she cuts that I'll be living for my hot sauce. How exciting am I?!

Next week I'll have my photos and ice bath story for you! Have a great HUMP DAY!

Eat. Train. Sleep. Repeat.

Nic Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment