Monday, August 20, 2012

12 weeks out BABY!

Today I got to the gym at 5:30 and there were a few people I'd never seen before. I guess that's what happens when you arrive before daylight. I new crowd of people emerge. Then the gym started to get super busy and it's Monday?! Anyways, today I start my prep for the Sandra Wickham Fall Classic. It's two days after my 27th Birthday so needless to say a trophy would be a nice present to myself. My goal is to place top 3 in bikini tall so that my trophy from last year has company on the shelf.

My training right now is 40 minutes of cardio 6 times a week which I will commit to doing in the mornings at 5:30 because it leaves me lots of time to stretch and cool down and get home and make my first meal and relax before the day begins. My weight training is broken down into a five day split. Today is my back and bicep day and I think I might have company...we will see. I'm pretty excited if he does decide to come with me.

This week will be a good test to see what training is going to be like with my work schedule and balancing my home life. As you all know when you are really tired it can be hard to make the effort needed to show someone you care or to go out of your way to do something nice for them but in this case making sure I'm happy and that he's happy is very important to me. Training is something I really enjoy but the challenge of eating what I need to eat and training the right amount is what get's me hooked. I'm a competitive person by nature and now that I am at the gym training I just have to focus on the end result. I've done it before but the circumstances were a lot different than they are now so I am going to take it day by day. The most important thing is that I know I can do it.

Tonight I'll hit the gym and then Costco to grab the rest of my food that I need for the week. I'm going to try and do my prep on Saturday's because I have the house to myself and knock out my food for the week and have it weighed and bagged so that when Brett comes home we can go golfing and hang out. Brett is going back to school full time and working part time so gym dates might be our only kind of dates but it will be a test of time. Training will only pick up as the weeks get into single digits. There is lots of time in a day and I just have to utilize every moment. Good thing we got the PVR hooked up last week....this at least saves me 15 minutes in commercials!

Anyways, it's time for me to switch gears and get to work! What is on your plate today?! Training? Resting? Make the most of today, it's the only thing that matters right now.

Here we go, 12 weeks out!

Eat. Train. Sleep. Repeat.

xo
Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment