Thursday, August 23, 2012

Down three.....yippppie!

Well, I've almost completed a full week of my training program and my body is sore. First my bi's hurt, today my tri's hurt and my quads still hurt from my workout on Saturday. That is not a good sign. I obviously over worked them and tonight I am suppose to do a leg plyo and back workout so it will be interesting. I am loving my 5:30 cardio sessions so far...I have found the balance this week pretty good of doing cardio early, being home for 7 and working and then heading back to the gym for 5:30 to get my weights in. I found I was super hungry because I was having my first meal at 7 and would be starving for my second meal so my coach added in a protein shake after my morning cardio.
I have started to meet a few more people at the gym and it's so great having a cardio buddy! Knowing that other people around you are training and doing the same thing your doing is very calming and creates a very good circle of support. I love Odysessy. It is such a great gym and everyone is really nice and helpful and the same people are there every single day. Talk about commitment.
My meal plan has been good so far and I am happy to have that extra shake. I'm already down three pounds and I am hoping to kill another 7 by mid September. Then I will be around 130 when things kick into high gear.
I don't know if I mentioned this but I finished by vision board weeks ago and it is in my bedroom with the calendar. I have lots of photos of people I admire and what I am working towards. Things that are reminders that I can do this. Here is my vision board.
It's funny how our minds can play tricks on us. I am going to train as hard as I can so that I place at Sandra. It was such a surreal experience winning last year and I am striving for that again this year but it's a weird feeling to image putting in all this effort and leaving without another Sandra but that is all mental and something I don't have control over so I have to work on the things I can control. I can control what I eat and how hard I work out and if I do all my cardio sessions. Everything that I can control is in my hands and the rest is up in the air but all I can do it try my best and hope that it's enough. Positive thoughts!

Have a great day :)

Eat. Train. Sleep. Repeat.

xo

Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment