Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tuckered out.

After a great week of training I found myself extremely tired yesterday and still sluggish this am. This past weekend was pretty packed as I really wanted to go and visit my friend and her little bambino. I had a great time visiting but the 3 hour drive up Saturday afternoon and then 3 hours back on Sunday really tuckered me out. When I got home, I was a little pooped and had hit Costco on my way home to grab asparagus and egg whites. The day wasn't over yet. It was 5:30 and I still need to bump out 45 minutes of cardio. Dragging my feet a little, Brett said he'd accompanied me to the gym. Once I got there I was fine and we did a workout and had dinner, watched a movie and the next thing I knew it was 10:45! Crap.
Needless to say Monday morning came pretty quick and I met Jill at the gym at 5:30 and she put us through this crazy stair climber workout and I'm feeling it today for sure. Last night I did back and biceps and tonight I'm doing legs and shoulders. Having two workout buddies has definitely helped and Jill is always at the gym training which has definitely motivated me and helped push me and its nice to have someone to talk to at the gym. I always found myself being quiet and going in and leaving because I didn't know anyone. Being able to chit chat is a nice change.
Tonight is date night and we are going to watch the Dark Knight. I'm pretty stoked but not being able to eat any of that delicious white stuff is going to be hard. I'll pack a little snack with me so I don't get hungry just from the smell. Tomorrow I get to "sleep in" and then I'm going to do spin class Wednesday night and an ab workout before. The spin class is super intense and is a great way to change up my cardio and push through with the motivation of the people around you. It is going to be my cardio on Wednesday and Fridays. On Friday's I am going to get to the gym and wake up by walking on the treadmill and then training weights in the morning.
My food so far is good and I had mentioned that I was feeling hungry so my coach added in an extra shake when I get home from the gym because I get back by quarter to 7 and if I have my first meal so early I get really hungry through out the day. Oh! And my new latest pre workout meal is something I really look forward to and have never done before. I mix my quarter cup of oats and a scoop of protein with water and put it in the micro wave and you have protein oatmeal! Spinkle with a little cinnamon and wa-la, deliciousness. I am subbing the oats for 2 plain rice cakes. The oatmeal is a little more exciting and something I look forward to while I still have it in the my program.
Since my last weigh in I haven't dropped any more weight...I am still sitting at 137 but I have to stay focused and remember the goal I set for myself was to be 130 by the end of September which is totally do able. Staying focused is crucial and with all the support I have around me it makes it easier.  Sometimes I feel guilty about being at the gym all the time and leaving Brett at home and he says he's fine and that I should go and that it doesn't bother him. He is so supportive, I just don't know how to accept it and not feel bad. I need to get past it and realize that's the way he is and he wants me to do well. I'm so lucky to have met someone who loves me enough to let me train and do the things I need to do to reach my goal. Anyways, we have date night tonight and that will be fun to get out of the house and just hang out. We went for a nice walk last night which is one of my favorite things to do together besides golf because we just talk without distractions which is so important.

Feeling loved today! High 5 people!

Eat. Train. Sleep. Repeat.
Nic out

xox

1 comment:

  1. I feel this is among the most significant information for me. And i am glad reading your article. But wanna commentary on some common things, The website taste is perfect, the articles is in reality nice. Good process....
    private training sessions

    ReplyDelete