Monday, November 12, 2012

Mermaid Barbie - check

Its hard putting your journey out there especially when you don't achieve your goal and have no where to hide. This year I came in 8th out of 15 girls and being back to reality has been hard. I appreciate everyone's support but I find myself lost for words when people ask how I did. I didn't win but that shouldn't be clouding my experience and I shouldn't be so hard on myself. I felt amazing and I am really proud of how I looked and I've started responding "I had a great weekend." And it's true. I had an amazing weekend.

The outcome wasn't what I had hoped and not placing means I lost my exemption to BC's in June and I will have to compete in another competition and try to place in order to go. For now, I have a lot of other things I need to focus on and I am going to enjoy how I'm feeling and be proud of what I accomplished. Just because I didn't win, doesn't mean I didn't accomplish anything. That is the hardest thing for me to understand. I accomplished a lot in the last 12 weeks and just because I didn't come home with a trophy doesn't mean I should shrug off how hard I've worked.

The last 12 weeks were an amazing journey with lots of ups and downs but I stuck with it and learned a lot about myself as a person. I also learned that I didn't let anyone down by losing and that I have amazing family and friends that still love and support me and are also proud of my accomplishments. After looking at pictures of myself on stage, I have to say that I am very proud of myself with or without a trophy.

I had a great day on Saturday and enjoyed sharing it with my dear friend Lisa. We gabbed through out the day and after 12 weeks of pushing each other, we had done it. We were ready to rock the stage at another show.

Saturday started very early with hair and makeup...5 am kind of early.  A big thank you to Jordan Ki the most amazing makeup artist ever! My goal was to look like a mermaid Barbie and I definitely accomplished that! The day was long and Lisa and I went and relaxed at my parents place in between the morning show and evening show. Both of us almost passed out we were so pooped!

The most disappointing thing about the show is that bikini is that last category and because I'm in one of the taller classes, most people leave before we even go on. I trained just as hard as a lot of the other athletes there and for people to leave and start tearing down before I even went on made my heart a little heavy. Once I was on stage, I could hear Brett yelling in the audience - Wooow Woowww - at me. My parents and sister also came and supported me which meant a lot. They have supported me 100% though out this experience and I couldn't ask for more.

After the show I went and found my family waiting in the lobby and we all decided to head back to White Rock where I enjoyed a delicious J.D BBQ burger and birthday cupcakes! I tried not to go crazy and I haven't really been craving anything. Not even peanut butter. On Sunday we all went out for a my belated birthday brunch and in the afternoon Brett and I drove out to Langley to have dinner with his family. His mom had made all this amazing food and encouraged me to keep eating....I was full all day. Brett and I arrived back in Victoria late last night and the first thing I did this morning was hit the grocery store.

Our trip included a buggy full of fruits, vegetables and protein so that we can stay on a clean diet and not to clog my system with processed foods. After eating chicken, tilapia, broccoli, yams and egg whites for the last 12 weeks my body needs to be re-acquainted with food again. I had cut up a bunch of fruit and made some delicious meals today and enjoyed each one. From now on I am going to take my time and enjoy my food. Everything just tasted better than boiled chicken....at least until my next prep.

Here's to staying leaning and learning lessons! Thank you for all your kind messages. This weeks focus is all about getting a job! Wish me luck tomorrow. My dream job could become a reality sooner than I think!!!

Yours in health and fitness,

Nic out!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment