Friday, January 18, 2013

Vega's newest Inside Sales Rep - Holla

Okay. I can finally spill the beans on my new gig. I couldn't before because I hadn't signed the paper work but you are looking at Vega's newest Inside Sales Rep.

When I got laid off over four months ago, my first reaction was panic and the second was feeling like a failure. This lasted for a few days and then I started to realized that maybe this was my time to really figure out what I wanted to do with my life. Who in this day and ago would just leave their job in pursuit of their dream job?! This was my open window.

Getting laid off is like a break up. Working at a job you hate is like serial daters. I would know this because I use to be one. For years I was in long term relationships and after I ended my last long term relationship, I took a hiatus from the relationship scene and made time for myself. Like work or relationships, we easily get stuck in a situation that feels comfortable and it becomes impossible to leave or break off to do what we are passionate about.

Like my relationship hiatus, being laid off meant I could take my time to find a job that I was going to love and be passionate about. I sat down and wrote out all the things I wanted in my next job. Interview after interview, nothing stuck until I came across an opportunity with Vega. After speaking with an employee, I was 100% decided that I wanted to work there and it became my mission. - check

I am very excited for this new opportunity and look forward to being in an industry that I thrive on. The last four months haven't been the easiest but with the support of my partner, my family and friends it has been a lot easier so THANK YOU!

In addition to getting the job, man this has been a good week, I also taught my first private personal training session. Training made me realize how much I missed it since my time at Ritchie Bros. where I ran boot camp at lunch.

I am going to be continuing with personal training and if you are interested in an evening or weekend session, please contact me as I have some other people looking for people to train with. Small groups (2-5 people) are always fun and great motivation.

Have a great weekend everyone!

xoxo

Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment